THE WAYS IN WHICH WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Download and Register on Hugo
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for assistance
- Share your details while Participating in a competition, referral campaign or survey
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Your Identity – This includes NRIC, FIN, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, any form of biometric that you may have submitted, as well as device ID and IP address.
Your Engagement with Hugo– Emails or live chat history or discussion on our #HugoHeroes Community board or other records of any contact you have with us.
Your Hugo Transactions –Transactions that you make with your Hugo account or card including but not limited to purchases, money transfers etc.
Hugo Services – e.g. Money Pots that you create or friends that you refer to under our referral program
Your Preferences – Based on how you use Hugo, what you share with us and how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities for example.
From other organisations – These organisations include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information to:
Help you on your customer journey and achieve your financial goals
- Offer you relevant & personalised products and services that would meet your life stage and lifestyle needs
- Process your requests and activate or deactivate services
- Enable us to process payments and transactions including trading in your Gold Vault
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- Inform you about service upgrades and updates
Understand our customers better through Market research
Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new products, as well as personalise the services we offer you
Share rewards and benefits
Offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for
Manage Security and Risk
- Inform you of service and security issues
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes
- Conduct internal audits
- Conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks
Maintain Legal & regulatory requirements
Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies.
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties outside of the Hugo for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission.
We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
HOW & WHEN WOULD WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- You, if you choose
- Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have subscribed to
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating GIRO payments*
- Research institutions for market analysis purposes
- Credit reference bureaus for the purpose of preparing credit reports or evaluation of creditworthiness
Your information is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers, our #HugoHeroes.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymise and aggregate the information before sharing it. Anonymising means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments e.g. age groups.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our database systems
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
Feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation or regulatory requirements or with respect to specific offerings. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.